On my new team we’ve just started our first proper iteration. We’ve agreed to commit to the following principles:
- No multi-tasking
- All new or changed code must be thoroughly unit tested
- No more than 2 pieces of work in â€œActive Workâ€ at any time (our team is 3 developers)
- We always work on the highest priority task
- Our definition of done is â€œIn UATâ€
- Leave it in a better condition than you found it
- No hidden work
- No overtime
- No disruptions
- Donâ€™t SysTest your own work (we don’t have a tester yet)
Have you done something similar? What are your team’s principles?
That’s a good strong set. How about core hours and/or pairing?