To focus on consistently delivering working software to the standards we expect so that we are always delivering value to CompanyX. This is the collective responsibility of my team but I take responsibility as part of my team.
To raise any impediments I have to my team and my department so that I’m able to do my work and everyone is aware of any issues I am facing.
To help remove impediments raised by my team and my department so that no one is being held up and we can focus on creating value for the business.
To execute efficiently any action’s that have been assigned to me either from my team or from the department as a whole so that we are effectively continuously improving our working practices and processes.
To adhere to the practices and principles my team and department have committed to that are relevant to me so that we are doing work efficiently and of the highest quality.
To encourage my team members to adhere to the practices and principles my team has committed to and if they are consistently not doing so, to raise this as an impediment so that we are doing work efficiently and of the highest quality.
To ensure deliverables meet the acceptance criteria given so that we do not waste time reworking them.
To ensure all work is thoroughly tested before it is presented to the customer so that we do not waste time reworking features and we do not waste time fixing bugs as these have been shown to be much more expensive to fix than getting it right first time.
To be in the office and ready to start work* at the time agreed for my team and my department so that I am not acting as an impediment for anyone else and we are all able to get the most out of the time we are at work.
To turn up promptly to team meetings including stand up, retrospective and planning so that we are not wasting time.
To have the courage to say when something is not right and equally to take the initiative to do something about it so that we can deal with disappointment early rather than letting things become bigger problems later on.
*As further clarification ready to start work means being ready to work with my colleagues, not booting up my machine, checking personal email or other non-work related activities.
- Gather requirements and write acceptance criteria and user stories from the customers collaboratively as part of my team.
- Clarify any ambiguity with the customer.
- Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough design to get the feature we’re working on done.
- Collaborate with the other appropriate members of my team to provide just enough documentation to support the features we are working on.
- As part of the team, to produce the functionality required to deliver the work.
- Attend the team’s stand up meeting every day.
- Attend and participate in my team’s retrospective.
- Attend and participate in my team’s planning meeting.